Updated on: 07/07/2018
So, you’ve started using the popular photo sharing app, Snapchat, and you’re still struggling to save your favorite snaps/photos, right? Well, you’ve come to the right place to learn how to save snapchat photos.
Snapchat saver: How to save Snapchat photos, videos & stories
Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media art forms, and so many people want to preserve their Snapchat artistry. Saving your snapchat photos, videos & stories is a lot easier than you may think.
But, before we talk about how to save snapchat videos, and stories, let us first know a little bit of snapchat and how important it is. Well! In this era of Technology, there are various social networking sites and instant messaging apps that keep you connected with your friends, family, relatives, colleagues, and neighbors in just no time. This includes Wechat, facebook messenger, hike, WhatsApp and more..
Snapchat is unique as all the photos and videos disappear forever after a brief amount of time. When the receiver sees the videos and photos it makes the apps ephemeral in nature though you can take a screenshot of the message in order to save them.
It is really fantastic how snaps disappear once you view them. If you are using snapchat, then you might think of saving videos and stories. If you are looking for an easy way out to save videos from snapchat onto your iPhone and Android device, you have landed at the right place. So, here’s how to capture and save snapchat photos, videos & stories without having to screenshot yourself.
Table of content:
- Save snapchat photos on your device
- Save snapchat photos by taking screenshots
- Save snapchat photos, videos, & stories
- Save snapchat photos, videos, & stories using an app
Scroll down below to see all the contents one by one
Snapchat saver: Save Snapchat photos on Android & iPhone
Follow these simple steps to save your Snapchat photos without ever having to lose them again:
-Launch the Snapchat app. Then, you can either take a new Snap or open one you’ve already done.
-Tap the download button on the bottom left of your screen. It looks like an open box with a downward-facing arrow.
-A prompt will appear at the bottom of the screen letting you know that your video or picture will be saved to your Android phone’s gallery or Memories.
Also read :
Save snapchat photos by taking screenshots
This is one of the most popular way to save snapchat photos. All you need to do is take a screenshot of a photo you want to save. However, whenever you take a screenshot of a snap, you should always remember that the sender of the snap will be alerted. If you don’t want the sender to be alerted, this is not the best method to apply. You can scroll down below and apply other methods that I have written.
Follow these simple steps to save snapchats photos by taking screenshots:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Swipe right to your chat page, then, map on the snap to open it.
- Take a screenshot of the image or video. Your screenshot mode will depend on which device you are using, but it’s usually a combination of the power and volume buttons or volume button and home button.
There! You have saved snapchat photos of other people. Congrats.
N.B.: Every time you go to take a screenshot of a video or photo that’s been sent to you, Snapchat automatically informs the person on the other end that you saved their snap via a notification and a screenshot icon. This may not seem like a huge thing, but it actually makes saving other people’s snaps almost impossible, that is, without their knowledge. This feature is what makes Snapchat quite different from other social media/photo sharing apps.
Some people use screen recorders to save snapchat photos, videos & stores, while others will use a separate phone altogether to quickly take a photo of other people’s Snapchats.
Trying to delay the screenshot notification by turning off Wi-Fi or your mobile data won’t work; the person on the other end will eventually get that screenshot notification no matter what.
However, you can still find a way around if you really want to save Snapchat photos.
Also read: How to delete snapchat stickers
Save snapchat videos, photos & stories in flight mode
I will be showing you how to save snapchat photo, videos & stories without anyone knowing. Well! I do not recommend taking a screen recording of other snapchat, but if you really must there is a way. Let’s say your girlfriend or your friend sent you a snap and you want to have it on your phone but you don’t want to tell them. The unwritten rule of snapchat is you never screen record someone’s videos or stories.
Here’s how you save snapchat photos, videos & stories without getting caught
- Go to your snapchat and load any video, photos, or stories that you want to save it to your device. When the snap load, turn on airplane mode and now you are disconnected.
- View the picture and screen record as much as you like. After that hold the lock button of the power button until the slide to power off comes on. And hold the home button until the app quits or in other words, to reset the app.
- What you are really doing is clearing the RAM on your phone and that causes the app to quit. Now the app has been reset and it pretends you’ve never done anything malicious and your snapchat a few minutes ago. And the other person would not even know you did such thing.
This works with stories and chats, and snapchat photos as well. Load the story or chat, turn on airplane mode, screenshot it and reset the app and come back to the app. Even with the wifi on you’re all good.
Warning: In case someone recommended you to use Casper app to save snapchat videos please don’t use it. Don’t even try this, it’ll ban you for 12-24 hours. I’ve already used it before. It works beautifully, but you’ll get banned without a doubt
Save snapchat: Save snapchat videos & photos using an app
One of the most common ways to save snapchat videos is by screen recording of that particular videos or stories posted by your friends or snapchat users. But the only problem using this option is that the sender would be notified about it.
There are a bunch of screen recorder apps that let you screen record your phone. We can use this screen recorder app to save snapchat videos, stories and photos. I’m going to show you how to save videos from snapchat on Android and iOS. Knowing how to save snapchat video is important because it allows users to review their favorite clips easily. In recording a snapchat video on Android & iOS, the best way to do it by using an application like apowersoft screen recorder.
Save snapchat photos and videos: Android users
To screen record snapchat videos with this app, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Google Play Store and search for apowersoft screen recorder. Download and Install the app from Google Play Store
- Download and Install the app from Google Play Store
- Go to settings and set some settings like resolution, bitrate and frame rate, etc.
- Click the video cams icon and click to start now to begin the recording
- Open your snapchat and look for the video clip that you need to record and play it
- End the recording by clicking stop from the recorders interface and this will automatically save on the tools recording list.
Moreover, you can also use different screen recorder app to save snapchat. You can use AZ screen recorder, this is by far the best screen recorder app for Android. You can download the app here.
After recording you can also share your captured video on different social media sites that you prefer. Just click a video, click share at the lower left portion of the screen and choose the social media sites that you like.
Save snapchat photos and videos: iOS users
For iPhone users, this step is a bit complicated as you can’t screen record your phone without jailbreaking. However, if you are using a jailbroken phone, you can download a third party app called Cydia to screen record your phone.
These steps involved using a computer. You can easily record snapchat videos using apowersoft screen recorder pro. To record video snaps with this tool, here are the steps:
- Get an install the app by going to its main page
- Navigate through the recording mode and choose iOS recorder
- Connect your iOS device to the computer via airplay mirroring function and set some settings like video format, audio, input-output folder, etc.
Just make sure your computer and iOS device are connected to the same wifi.
- Begin the recording by clicking the record button. And then open your snapchat instantly and play the video that you need to record
- End the recording by clicking the stop button and the folder containing the clip will pop out automatically.
The above-given steps are the best ways to save videos from snapchat on both Android and iOS devices. It can successfully record video along with audio. The audio input can be adjusted in its options.
Snapchat saver: Save Snapchat photos permanently without the sender’s knowledge.
Follow these 5 simple steps to save Snapchat photos permanently, without the knowledge of the sender:
The easiest way to save snapchat photos is to take a picture of the received snap with a camera. This snapchat saver is a little cumbersome since you have to press and hold to view the snap. Plus the quality of the saved snap won’t be as good.
You can try using different apps. In fact, there are a lot of apps already available in the market that let you save all the snaps you have received. Apps like Snap Save, SaveSnap, SnapBox etc. can help you save your snaps with ease. Try using one of these apps.
Use file managing software like iFunBox to browse the files on your mobile device after connecting to your computer. After careful examination, you can find the temporary snaps on your mobile device. Download and save them to your system. This method can be used to save snapchat photos only before opening the snaps.
While taking a screenshot on your iPhone/iPad/iPod by holding the home and power button at the same time, keep a finger on the screen to hold the picture. When you let go and see the snaps section again, tap the home button twice before the picture disappears. This cancels SnapChat’s detection and you can view the screenshot on your phone as many times as you want. This method is very useful to save snapchat photos.
Since every snap you receive is stored locally on your device, data recovery software used to recover lost or accidentally deleted files can be used to recover the snaps too. This method is used after the snaps have been viewed and destroyed.
These are the various methods of snapchat saver by which a Snapchat snap can be saved permanently without the sender having any knowledge about it. It is, however, not safe to send private snaps over Snapchat just because of the fact that it will disappear shortly. So, act wisely the next time you intend to send a private snap on Snapchat. Have fun!